The Republican Party of Arizona will hold its Mandatory Meeting of the State Committee between 9-11 am. Sat, Jan. 25 at the Church for the Nations, 6225 North Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012. Chairwoman Kelli Ward will deliver an update on the State of the Party. Other speakers include Arizona Governor Doug Ducey, who will speak on the future of the Grand Canyon State heading into 2020; remarks by Congressmen Andy Biggs, Paul Gosar, Debbie Lesko, and David Schweikert; and U.S. Senate incumbent appointee Martha McSally. McSally was appointed by Ducey to fill the vacancy left by former Sen Jon Kyl, who was appointed to fill the vacancy when former Sen John McCain passed away. Lesko was appointed to fill the vacancy left when long-time AZ Rep Trent Franks resigned. Biggs, Gosar and Schweikert are officially elected AZ Republican congressmen.
The Press will be required to leave during the lunch recess portion of the meeting, following which the Republican Party of Arizona will conduct official state party business.
Russell Pearce is asking for Grassroots Republican Patriots to help gather signatures on Jan 25 and hand out copies of the resolutions to state committeemen. LD16 and RIDERSUSA will share a table with them. Meet at LD16/RIDERSUSA table. If you have clip boards bring them (we will have some there). we must get 20% of those in attendance in person and from at least 4 separate counties to sign the petitions. I was promised by Chairman Ward she would support our resolutions if brought from the floor. Listed below are those with the exception of the “parental rights” one coming.
Note: the call letter has a ‘red flag’ resolution that was illegally submitted, another violation of the bylaws, it cannot be heard or voted on as it was not submitted in time – 45 days prior to the mandatory meeting as required by the bylaws. This apparently was done to avoid voting on the one I submitted on time, in proper form and was adopted by a unanimous vote by the county and the original resolutions committee of the state. –Former Senator Russell Pearce
1. RESOLUTION PROHIBITING RED FLAG CONFISCATION SCHEMES
AND PARTICIPATION IN VIOLATIONS OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT
· WHEREAS, the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall NOT BE INFRINGED; and
· WHEREAS, we adamantly oppose any initiative that infringes upon the inherent rights of citizens that allow for the confiscation of guns, criminalize honest citizens attempting to purchase from or transfer firearms to other honest citizens, and
· WHEREAS, Arizona Constitution forbids political subdivision, employee of this state from:
· Enforcing unconstitutional federal acts, laws, orders, rules, or regulations regarding a personal firearm
· Provide support in any form that infringes up our God given rights as outlined in the Arizona or U.S. Constitution, and
· THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED the Arizona Republican Party and the Sovereign State of Arizona declares all federal acts, laws, orders, rules and regulations in violation of the 2nd Amendment so called Red Flag laws not specifically authorized by Arizona or the U. S. Constitution, are hereby declared to be invalid, shall not be recognized, specifically rejected and shall be considered null and void and of no effect; and
· FURTHERMORE, any attempt to take guns from citizens without due process must be stopped and any attempt or Republicans will destroy the support from our Freedom loving base so the Arizona Republican Party demands the legislature stop any “Red Flag” legislation and to preserve the rights of the citizens to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under both our Arizona and U.S. Constitution. –Submitted by: LD25 State Committeeman Russell Pearce, LD 25 PC Vince Ansell and State Committeeman GEORGE “ZACK” TAYLOR
2. RESOLUTION PROHIBITING THE FEDERAL REFUGEE RESETTLEMENT
• BE IT RESOLVED that Maricopa County does not want to be forced into participating in the federal refugee resettlement program due to either Governor Ducey’s consent and/or being within the permissible placement radius of a resettlement agency office.
• BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that Maricopa County requests that Governor Ducey retract his consent for initial resettlement in Arizona for the actual consent period required by the Funding Notice.
• BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that Maricopa County requests that in the event Governor Ducey does not retract his consent for initial refugee resettlement, that Ducey submit a revised letter of consent to U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and to House Speaker Russell Bowers exempting non-consenting counties from forced participation in the initial resettlement of refugees in Arizona.
• BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that Maricopa County requests that Governor Ducey by written notice inform the resettlement agencies which maintain offices and operations in Arizona that they may not place arriving refugees in non-consenting counties. – Submitted by LD20 First Vice Chair Vera Andersson
4. Resolution Condeming Arizona Board Of Regents For Complete Disregard For The Law, The Taxpayers And The Voters Of Arizona
• WHEREAS, Proposition 300 forbids instate tuition, tax dollars directly or indirectly for illegal aliens’ higher education (passed by 73% of voters). The Arizona Board of Regents’ (ABOR) response was to ignore the law. Arizona Supreme Court unanimously ruled ABOR was in violation of the law, and
• WHEREAS, Arizona legislature illegally attempted to give illegal aliens financial assistance, prohibited by law, and
• WHEREAS, any policy to reduced rates to illegal aliens, is a slap in the face to Arizona voters and the Rule of Law, the Constitution and taxpayers, and
• WHEREAS, Arizona said “NO” to the Dream Act. (ARS §15-1825. Prohibits financial assistance of any kind), and
• WHEREAS, there is a battle raging in this country that will determine whether our nation enforces its immigration laws and secures its borders or becomes a lawless nation, and
• WHEREAS, Arizona law (ARS § 15-1803) states: “A person who is not a citizen of the United States . . . without lawful immigration status . . . enrolled as a student at any university . . . under Arizona board of regents or at any community college . . . in this state is not entitled to tuition waivers, fee waivers, grants, scholarship assistance, financial aid, tuition assistance or any type of financial assistance that is subsidized or paid in whole or part with state monies.”
• THEREFORE, the Arizona Republican Party condemns ABOR’s illegal actions and disrespect for the voters and taxpayers of Arizona.– Submitted by LD25 State Committeeman Russell Pearce
5. RESOLUTION SUPPORTING PRESIDENT TRUMP
• WHEREAS, the Arizona Republican Party stands firmly with President Donald Trump in his Keeping America Great agenda,
• WHEREAS, no President has ever been attacked like President Trump, as he has taken on the Washington elites, and
• WHEREAS, President Trump has brought about the greatest economic prosperity in history with reduced unemployment, cut welfare, cut taxes, cut regulation, appointed some the most Constitutional judges to the federal bench, brought about real equity in our trade with foreign governments, supported States’ rights, controlled the illegal invasion, and all of this while fighting off the attempted coup by those in power and supported by the evil media, and
• WHEREAS, it is time to assist our president in draining the swamp from those who continue to aid and abet anti-family policies, attack law enforcement, attack our God-given rights such as the Second Amendment, promote socialized healthcare, killing the unborn, burdensome taxes and regulations, open borders, sanctuary policies, attack traditional marriage (one man/one woman) and the attack on Constitutional and moral judiciary;
• THEREFORE, the Arizona Republican Party demands Congress to adhere to the platform and resolutions adopted by the Republican Party of Arizona, for strong immigration enforcement, a real tax reduction and overhaul, a truly secure border, repeal of ObamaCare, a return to a limited federal government, judicial restraint, regulatory reduction, and true allegiance to the Constitution and States’ rights as intended by our inspired Founding Fathers. – Submitted by Russell PEARCE, LD25 State Committeeman.